Thursday, September 4, 2008

Is it all an Illusion? Or just a good Cab.

Due to landing on my head in a bicycle crash, I have not been imbibing. The medications altered my perceived reality. Now that I have my reality back in alignment, I can imbibe the nectar of the vine.

I choose my first glass to be the Robert Craig Howell Mountain 2004. Robert Craig is one of those names that most people know, but don’t know very much about. The reason for this is Robert Craig is a farmer and vintner. He is not a “star.” He does not aspire to the spotlight. Something rare in a Napa producer.

Robert Craig has developed some of the better know vineyards on both Mt Veeder and Howell Mountain. He has been doing this for close to thirty years. He makes “mountain” wines that show a great deal of elegance and finesse. They will age for years, yet they can be drunk now.

Robert Craig also makes a wine called Affinity. These grapes come from vineyards on the valley floor. I am a big fan of this producer. Yet again, I did just suffer a head injury.

No comments: